Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

A Prayer...

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
--Philippians 4:6-7


Funny how God gives you what you need when you need it.  I have a list of things a mile long that I need to get done today, but I knew I needed to spend time in the Word.  This was the passage I read.

I am struggling with some anxiety.  I didn't think I was, but I realized yesterday when I started crying for no real reason and snapped at my family for small things that I was.  I think I'm more worried about CJ's surgery tomorrow than I want to let on...even to myself.  Of course, I'm also stressed because of all I need to get done today.

But what do I really **need** to do today?  Yes, preparations need to be made for a hospital stay.  School needs to get done.  A doctor's appointment needs to be attended.  But really, the fridge doesn't NEED to be cleaned out.  The dining room doesn't NEED to be straightened up (even though I've been trying to work on it for a week).  The checkbook doesn't NEED to be balanced today...I can do that tomorrow at the hospital; it might provide some needed distraction.

No, what's really NEEDED today is for me to love on my family.  What's NEEDED is for me to rest in the peace of God that surpasses all understanding.  THAT is what is most important.

Father, take my anxiety.  Take my fear.  Take my worry.  Thank you for the gift of being a mother.  Thank you for the gift of my precious son.  Thank you for the medical advances & knowledge that you have given that allow for procedures like this one tomorrow to take place.  Abba, I ask that you protect CJ during his surgery and recovery.  I ask that you guard my heart & mind in Christ Jesus.  Mostly, though, I ask that you be glorified through our family during this time.  May others see You in the way we conduct ourselves and in our conversations.  Help me to keep my focus on You today, and guide me through those things that truly need to get done.  If I'm able to get to the other things, that's a bonus, & I thank you in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment